On the occasion of the so called world food day
BBC has some interesting articles about our suicidal culture
Fast food facts
- One third of all food goes to waste
- Consumers in rich countries waste almost as much food as the entire net food production of sub-Saharan Africa
- We will need to produce 70% more food by 2050 to feed the world’s expanding population
- Global corn stocks have halved since 1998
- More than 100 million more people across the world suffer from hunger due to recent food price rises
- Globally, one in eight people do not have enough food.
and still scientist exist who say that we need to make more fuel from biomass..
and only tiny minorities dare to speak out
isn’t this a shame for our profession ..